Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Hobbit

The Hobbit was a very interesting book with many moments of suspense that kept me wondering what could happen next. The book overall was very enjoyable however I thought the end of the book had a tiny flaw. I did not liked how the main villain of the story, Smaug was not defeated or killed by Bilbo or the gang of Dwarves, however it was killed by a human archer named Bard. This was the the only complaint I had with the book because i really hoped Bilbo would have killed Smaug. The book was enjoyable by having a nice big battle at the end and I also like how there are many riddles that were in the story. It makes you try to solve it too and the riddles were quite interesting. I would give The hobbit a 9.5/10.

The main theme of the book was Heroism. The theme revolves around the main character Bilbo. It is about an average guy turning into a hero. I thought the theme was portrayed very well by having Bilbo show off his talents one by one as the story progressed and in the end Bilbo did felt like a hero.

No comments: